Saturday, October 9, 2010

When I was born.....

My name is Elijah Daniel W. I am named after the prophet, Elijah, in the Bible. My middle name is the same as my dad’s first name. My dad and mom did this because my dad’s middle name is also the same as his dad’s first name. My parents were very happy I was being born. I loved to be held by my parents and liked lots of attention. My mom says I was clever and I say I got that from my dad. It’s a miracle I am here because my heart rate dropped to 70bpm (normal is about 150bpm)!! I was in distress!! The doctor’s worked quickly and saved me. I was 9lbs. 14-¾ oz. and 22-½ in. long. When I was 9 months old I wanted my mom to hold me all the time. She says she thinks it was because I wanted to up with her to see everything she was doing. I started walking when I was 11 months old; one month after my mom got pregnant with my baby sister. My sister and I are only 19 months apart. I was the very first grand son born. I was born to a very loving family who loves me very much!

4 comments:

  1. What a great day it was! We were all so excited to finally meet you. You were one cute baby! Can't wait to read more. I want another post :) Love you Elijah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Elijah!
    This is your Great Uncle Henry (does great uncle mean I am great or just of a great age?)
    I still remember the time we played pool at Noni's house. We still need a rematch.
    I hear about you from time to time. All of it is good, don't worry.
    Hope to see you again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elijah, that photo is awesome! You need to write a post about when you first were able to grow a beard!

    Signed your,
    not-so-great Uncle Sherman ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too remember the day we first met.
    I think we were as, if not more so, excited as you were.

    Love the beard, hairy like your dad huh?
    I always thought the Mom carried the hair gene.
    Either way, wish mine would grow out that full, and that quick, and in other places. ;-)
    The helmet? Ummm...

    Looking forward to many more of your birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete